Sunday 10 April 2011

Making Hedgerows. Part 3

Another week of terrain making as passed by. Here's what I have to show for the hard work over the past few nights.

These are corner and T-junction pieces. Made in the same way as the straights, but smaller. I had considered, using the longer straight lengths and placing the corner/T-junction on each. But this would potentially have meant making more corner pieces, since a left corner, for example, could not be reversed to be used as a right corner.

So I used 40x40mm MDF bases instead, once again from Warbases. The corner pieces are now multi-functional. I've only made four corners and two T-junctions at the moment, but they work okay. Here's an example...
I've also made a further seven straight sections.

These are exactly the same size as the other bases. Not really clear in the picture but on these seven the foliage is slightly higher, to make it more hedge like. The foliage on the first set of bases does look a little low in places.

I  figure that I will need to make at least double the amount of straights to what I currently have to be able to cover a good sized area. A few more corners and a couple of 'crossroad' type bases for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment