Tuesday 21 July 2015

The News at 10

Reporting from the frontline....


Created a small vignette for my on the scene news crew.


It was the best way I could come up with to make the figures more interesting. Had originally planned to base them individually on 1p coins like everything else. This way they should stand out in the crowd.


They are on a 40mm MDF circular base (from Warbases of course), with another cut in half and glued on top. Used green stuff to cover the pavement area and then carved in the individual slabs. Sculpture is not my strong point (though I can do a mean sandbag!), so put other pieces of detritus on top to hide any mistakes and draw attention away from wonky lines and different widths and depths between the paving slabs.


Overall though I'm happy with the finished product. The figures are from Elhiem. The reporter appears to rocking back on his heels in the close up photos. I did not really notice it when pinning the figure to the base. I also meant to pin the cameraman so he was 'filming' slightly more to the right of the reporter to offset the difference in height and give an illusion he was filming events behind his colleague, I only realised my error after the glue had dried. Oh well nevermind, life goes on.


That's it for now more to follow.....

3 comments: